There are some developers, well interested in controlling systems and networks with a flexibility of scripting language. Puppet is one such scripting language, and through our course module, you will get to know how. The course will start by learning majorly about the infrastructure of this Puppet sector, which comprises o Puppet masters and agents. After that, you are likely to jump into the present Puppet run cycle. After going through this section, aspirants will get to learn about the Puppet language, which comprises of ways to apply the simple form of Puppet manifest, along with the application of conditional logic and puppet types.
In our Puppet Online Training, we further have the video tutorial, especially for the online students, as they cannot attend the regular classes like other students. This video tutorial is designed in such a manner, which will help in covering ways to organise the best Puppet environment, along with MCollective and report with the puppet. On the other hand, the students will get to learn more about the additional tools, and some basic examples are reporting and external node classifiers with the help of Puppet Dashboard.
After you have well completed the course module, you will be able to apply and write the best Puppet code of all time.
Basic requirements to look for:
If you want to be a pro in Puppet scripting language, then you should start working with the basic needs first. It starts with the working knowledge of conventional computer hardware and some information in networks. However, you are free from grasping any software knowledge, while working in this course module.
What will you learn from this course?
After going through our course, you will be able to manage IT infrastructure, along with the systems with the proficient use of Puppet code. On the other hand, you will be able to generate reports and even get to analyse the reports with the help of Puppet.
Audience of the course:
Our course is mostly meant for the IT professionals with proper knowledge of setups and hardware. It is not mandatory to have any prior knowledge about puppet, as the course will start from the basic sector. However, for the pros with the little bit of knowledge in Puppet, they can start working on the advanced course, from the same platform.
Types of training and topics:
Depending on the flexible requirement of clients, we have segmented our training sessions into different kinds of categories. Listed below, are some of the basic categories we follow, and the course structure in it.
- Self-paced training:
Here, we have single topic classes, followed by quizzes and exercises, which help in checking out the progress, available at any place or time. Here, the students will enjoy:
- Typical solutions with the help of modules: It comprises of learning the path of the Bundle, which consists of 5 e-learning courses. This will help you to speed up the five common areas, relating to infrastructure, with the support of Puppet, like SSH, NTP, Firewalls, Sudo and DNS.
- Testing Puppet: The main aim of this learning path is to provide aspirants with the 3 e-learning courses, which will help you to get started with the proficient testing of puppet modules and codes.
This structure is primarily for those professionals, with less time to attend regular classes, and can learn without leaving the comfort of their home. The course modules under this section are here, listed below:
- The central meaning behind Puppet: Puppet helps in managing your infrastructure. You will be able to describe configurations over here with the easy to read and understanding declarative language. The Puppet here helps in bringing systems into the desired segment and contribute to keeping up with them, as well.
- The real meaning of Puppet Enterprise: Puppet Enterprise is mainly stated as IT automation software, which will provide a system with the power to automate the repetitive tasks, automatically. It further helps in deploying the critical applications, which assist in managing infrastructure proactively, in cloud or on-premises. The same puppet enterprises also benefit in automating tasks, at different IT infrastructure stages of LifeCycle. These steps are provisioning, discovery, OD and app configuration management, reporting and orchestration.
- Resources: If you want to know how puppet works, then you should start with the real meaning behind resources. Some of the resources over here are building blocks and combining model with the expected state of systems, which you are willing to manage.
- Classes: This platform helps in defining a collection of resources, which are managed together as a single unit. These are primarily termed as puppet code, which is likely to be created under the single platform.
- Auto-loading: Auto-loading in Puppet means, your modules will be currently loaded by Puppet and at compile times, along with the predictable structure. This course is here to help you with the basics of auto-loading structure.
- Introductory note to the Factor: Factories mainly defined as cross-platform of puppet’s system, with the profiling library. It helps in discovering and reporting the per-node facts, as associated with the Puppet manifests as the current variables.
- Introduction note to Linux command line: This course is primarily stated as an introduction to using the command line and communicating in the present Linux environment.
- Introduction to the Vim: In this introductory course, you will get to learn more about the Vim test editor, from the starting point and edit the same text files in the current Linux environment.
- Fundamentals of Github: Here, aspiring students will come to learn about the skillful use of git version controlling system, and with present web-based hosting structure, for hosting the source code.
- Relationships: Always remember that order of resources is not going to matter always. The main aim of Puppet over here is to assume that the resources are not enough related to one another, and will help in managing the resources in any order possible.
Apart from these course modules, people will further get to learn about Puppet through our Puppet Online Course. It comprises of Puppet exec resource type, Puppet NTP and DNS, management of the SSH keys and even managing the current sudo privileges. Join hands with our course modules, and get to learn the importance of Puppet in the modern world.